Hospital Elder Life Program Volunteer
15 people are interested
The volunteer role is an essential aspect of the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) and provides a unique opportunity of direct patient care upon successfully completing the HELP training.
- To visit elderly patients daily and provide assistance with orientation, therapeutic activities, exercise activities, feeding assistance and socialization.
- To provide empathetic, sympathetic support and companionship for older hospitalized patients and families coping with acute illness and hospitalization.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Hurley Medical Center
One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI 48503, US
The mission of Hurley Medical Center is to ensure that we are always ready when someone faces a serious injury, complex illness, or high risk condition.
The Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) at Hurley Medical Center is a comprehensive program of care designed to prevent delirium and functional decline.
This program provides targeted interventions including cognitive orientation, socialization, sleep enhancement strategies, exercise and mobilization, feeding assistance and preventing dehydration all through our trained volunteers.
HELP is a very unique opportunity in the hospital which allows our trainedHELP volunteers to go bedside and provide 'hands-on' care to our elderly patients.
*If you have an interest in volunteering your time to give extra care to support the well-being of elderly patients; please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
One Hurley PlazaFlint, MI 48503
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Physical Therapy
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum: one 4-hour shift per week for six months
- Completion of Hurley Medical Center Volunteer Orientation & HELP Volunter Training