FRIENDS OF THE BOCA RATON PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Friends is a non-profit membership organization. Membership dues help sustain the Friends mission to support and enhance the Boca Raton Public Library as it serves our community.
The role of the membership chair is to maintain current membership records, attract new members, and create and manage membership benefits and perks. The responsibilities include:
- Ensure communication channels for members are maintained, through the Friends membership in Constant Contact (online record keeping for emails and other information).
- Establish and conduct the annual membership renewal drive.
- Establish activities to creatively attract new members, including members-only events and membership benefits.
- Create and promote new membership benefits.
- Seek out and coordinate memberships from local businesses and charitable donors.
- Manage annual meeting of the members in the Fall of the year.
- Communicate with the Board President when members have given $75 or above in membership fees.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FRIENDS OF THE BOCA RATON PUBLIC LIBRARY
400 NW BOCA RATON BLVD, BOCA RATON, FL 33432, US
We support and enhance the value of the Boca Raton Public Library as it serves our community.
The Friends is a volunteer and fundraising group dedicated to making the library
an important part of the cultural core of Boca Raton. We make a positive difference in the community to 1) foster growth of a quality library; 2) raise funds for special equipmen t; 3) increase awareness of library functions; 4) encourage widespread use of the library; 5) narrow the funding gap; 6) develop programs of community interest; and 7) Share the Fun!
We support programs for children and youth for the love of learning to read; for teens and tweens special events and bookclu bs; for adults for cultural and literacy enrichment; and special library programs and events for all ages.