English, US Citizenship, and Legal Aid Referral Help Needed
78 people are interested
We’re an all-volunteer team inspired by the impact of free tutoring in our local communities here in New York. We’ve seen the challenges in meeting people who need our help or arranging where and when to meet. Our clients would say the same thing.
This led us to create Tutoria, an online platform connecting seekers of knowledge services with volunteers eager to make a difference.
Interested in volunteer opportunities in adult education or legal aid? Here are our current openings:
- English - Practice conversational and/or written English with clients
- Citizenship - Prepare clients for the US Citizenship Exam, per the USCIS requirements: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test
- Legal Aid - Refer those in need to legal aid organizations who can help them
As a volunteer, you have the flexibility to meet clients in person (in public places) or virtually.
We'll work with your schedule.
Anywhere in New York, including VirtuallyNew York, NY 10013
- Legal (General)
- Adult Education
- Immigration Law
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- We're flexible; choose your own hours.