6 people are interested
Digital Content Writer (Volunteer Position)
6 people are interested
If you are a dedicated individual who is passionate about writing and looking for an opportunity to expand your experience and build your portfolio as a writer/journalist this opportunity is for you.
- Research content for topics such as (but not limited to): Cancer (e.g. prevention, management, education, etc.), Health & Wellness and its impact in Africa and the Caribbean communities
- Create content for our new website and other digital channels (i.e. web content, banner ads, landing pages, blog entries, video scripts, write commentary on research papers / news articles, conduct interviews and write related articles)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Excellent written, proofreading, copy-editing skills and attention to detail
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Excellent overall writing skills in various styles/tones
- Proven communication skills (written and oral)
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- Excellent time management and effective communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
- Strong team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web
- Online Research
- Writing / Editing
- Word Processing / Typing
- Article Formatting and Submission (online)
- Blog Design / Customization
- Blog Maintenance
- Microsoft Word
Flexible - Some meetings may occur in the evenings or on weekends
Our favorite kind of person to work with is...
We like to work with people who love what they do, aren’t afraid to "learn on the fly" and are able to be flexible if any changes occur during our time working together. They need to have a sense of humor and be able to laugh, especially when things are "tough" and we are in crunch mode. If someone needs a highly structured environment, they probably won’t be a great fit for us - we like structure but also appreciate the creative process and may occasionally adapt to any changes required during the content development process.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in joining our project team, please apply via email to: email@example.com with the following information:
- Email Subject Line: Attention: HR re: Empowered Health Digital Content Writer
- Share with us what excites you about this opportunity
- Resume / Profile re: experience, skills and/or training applicable to content development, writing/journalism and any of the above requirements
- Portfolio or links to the sites of your previous work (if you have any)
About Empowered Health & Cancer Wellness Inc
120 Adelaide Street West, Suite 2500, Toronto, ON. M5H 1T1, CA
To be the leading trusted resource offering culturally relevant educational information and resources/tools to individuals and families affected by cancer in African-Caribbean global communities.
Empowered Health & Cancer Wellness Inc is a NEW not-for-profit (Social) Business
At Empowered Health & Cancer Wellness, our goals are to increase social consciousness and knowledge around cancer, and to encourage healthy self-care preventative practices among African-Caribbean communities globally.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 3, 2021
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Content Management Systems
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Approximately 5 to 8 hours per week