18 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: EMOTIONS MATTER INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
18 people are interested
Job Title: Education Volunteer
Status: Part Time
State: New York
City: Garden City or Virtual (In Person or Remote)
Job Category: Education
About Emotions Matter
Emotions Matters, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting and empowering those impacted by Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and advocate for better mental health care. Launched in December of 2015, Emotions Matter is making strides in a grassroots efforts to achieve its mission by providing BPD Peer Support Groups, stigma-free education and advocacy efforts to promote recovery. To learn more, visit www.emotionsmatterbpd.org.
* Assist with research, organizing and updating peer resources and community outreach.
* Assist with writing and editing new BPD educational resources.
* Project will include web-based research, spreadsheet development, and email engagement as form of outreach.
* Create spreadsheets for the office to mail BPD educational materials to mental health organizations and community partners.
* Email community partners or other mental health organization to network and distribute Emotions Matter's BPD educational materials.
* Supporting Executive Director in administrative support with educational and outreach efforts as necessary.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.Knowledge of Google.docs is necessary.
* Knowledge of social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram helpful.
* Strong writing and verbal communication skills,
* Strong planning and organizational skills,
* Communication and interpersonal skills,
* Passion for mental health advocacy and a connection to BPD would be helpful.
Hours: 6-8 hours /week, with ability to increase hours on as-needed basis. Ability to work remotely is an option if approved by Executive Director.
Type: Unpaid internship or Volunteer position remote or in Jericho, New York offices.
1 More opportunity with EMOTIONS MATTER INC
About EMOTIONS MATTER INC
P.O. Box 7642, Garden City, NY 11530, US
To connect and empower individuals impacted by borderline personality disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and improve mental health care. Our vision is to create a world in which every individual impacted by BPD has access to resources and support to achieve a meaningful recovery. We do this through peer support and educational programs, publications, workshops and videos.
Emotions Matter, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2015 to raise awareness, and advocate for the needs of those impacted by borderline personality disorder (BPD), a mental illness characterized by impulsivity, emotional dysregulation, difficulty in relationships, and suicidality.
The individual experience of BPD is different from other mental disorders as they experience more stigma, isolation and discrimination, due to the lack of education of health care providers, community resources or treatment.
Emotions Matter helps individuals with BPD by providing opportunities for peer support and empowerment. In 2017, Emotions Matter hosted an art show in New York City with over 30 artists impacted by BPD. Emotions Matters produced two short films on BPD for social media, and has active Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds. Emotions Matter also runs online BPD peer to peer support groups.
Emotions Matter holds events to increase public health literacy about BPD distributing literature on BPD at mental health conferences and walks. These events bring together a diverse community of clinicians, family members and individuals with BPD who share our mission.
Emotions Matter advocates for the BPD population in Washington, in Congress, at the National Institute of Mental Health, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 13, 2023
- Program Management
- Mental Health
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 6 to 8 hours/week with option for more hours.