Nutrition-to-Go Packaging, Thursdays, 9:00-1:00
4 people are interested
Join our ever-growing Nutrition-to-Go program! We currently have over 25 partner agencies throughout Spokane that benefit from this program. Meals are packaged with a sealing machine and frozen. Looking for 2-3 volunteers to work together every other Thursday from 9:00-1:00. Efficiency and production driven yet fun, it is up to the team to know and work by "serve safe" guidelines as they prepare, hold and serve food.
- Dress code is white or black top with collar and some sleeve, black or khaki or jeans (nor rips) for pants or khakis (not shorts) and comfortable enclosed shoes.
- Please wear your hair pulled back into a non-swaying fix. We do have hair nets.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20-25 pounds.
- You must be able to stand/walk for 2 hours.
- You will need a food handlers card (within the first two weeks) from www.SRHD.org.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- We appreciate a 6 month commitment.
- Go on line to www.wcfrspokane.org to complete a volunteer application.
About Women & Children's Free Restaurant & Community Kitchen
1408 N. Washington St., Spokane, WA 99201, US
Women & Children’s Free Restaurant is a vital safety net that fills nutritional gaps for women and children in need while fostering dignity and respect, both within our restaurant and in the community.
Women & Children's Free Restaurant & Community Kitchen (WCFR) serves whole foods, scratch made dinners on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 3-5:45 PM to women and children under the age of 19 years. On Fridays we offer lunch from 11:30-1:15.
WCFR is a grassroots organization that offers three programs addressing food insecurity and nutritional gaps in the Spokane community. Since 1988, WCFR has served free dinners to women and children. We also offer a meal outreach program (Nutrition to Go) in collaboration with other social service programs in the community. Our third program, Nutrition Essentials, is a nutrition education programs designed to reduce the risk of preventable diseases such as Type 2 diabetes.
An important aspect of WCFR is its emphasis on "community" for the women and children we serve. The environment is friendly, safe and dignified where diners network with one another and mothers have an opportunity to take their children out for a nutritious meal.
We'll work with your schedule.
1408 N. Washington St.Spokane, WA 99201
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training