VOLUNTEER CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
Here at Noah's Ark of Central Florida we like for our residents to have the opportunity to learn skills they can use in there apartments.
We are looking for a Culinary Arts expert to help our residents flourish and harp on their cooking skills.
This class would be every Monday from 10:00 am- 112:00 pm (class plus set up and clean up time).
You may teach skills such as making a pasta dish to smores. The possibilities are endless for this class. Our goal at Noah's Ark is for our residents to use these skills on their own in their apartments and understand the concept of cooking.
Noah's Ark is an independent living community for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our cooking class has always been one of our biggest classes so some guidelines have to be met in order for you to become to Activity Leader of this Activity.
- Become an approved volunteer with Noah's Ark
- Obtain a food handling license to have access to the kitchen (ServeSafe Certification)
- Be Patient and Understand with our Residents
- Able to manage and organize for a class number of 30 + people at one time.
- Work well with others
- Have a teachable spirit
For more information please contact Courtney Taylor the Activities and Volunteer Director at Noah's Ark of Central Florida.
P: 863-687-0804 Ext. 2103
500 Inspiration Dr.LakelandLakeland, FL 33805
- Cooking / Catering
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 1/2 Hours EVERY Monday
- Approved Volunteer, Food Certification