Alzheimer’s Association has openings for SB County Support Group Facilitator!
5 people are interested
The Alzheimer’s Association, Santa Barbara county is in need of facilitators for our monthly support groups. If you are interested in facilitating a support group please contact Marcy Maler at 805.892.4259 x111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed description of this opportunity is below.
Support Group Facilitators lead or co-lead a support group for family members and caregivers seeking assistance, emotional support and information on all topics related to Alzheimer’s disease: caregiving from diagnosis through the continuum of care, legal issues, research and advocacy information and opportunities. The Association offers support groups for family caregivers, as well as specialized groups (e.g., early stage group, frontal temporal lobe dementia caregiver group).
The purpose of the Alzheimer’s Association support group is to provide emotional, social, and/or educational support to group members.
- Follow expectations and recommendations of the Support Group Facilitator Manual, including participation in initial and ongoing training, record keeping, and regular meetings with Alzheimer’s Association staff
- Present pertinent Alzheimer’s Association materials and information to group members
- Inform the Alzheimer’s Association in advance of any changes in Support Group Facilitators, time or location of group meetings
- Experience with dementia as a family member or health care professional preferred
- Ability to be empathetic and separate personal needs from group needs
- Strong listening skills and effective communication skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly 1.5-hour shift, depending upon the specific support group assigned
- A commitment of at least one year is expected
Web X training will be provided to all Support Group Facilitator volunteers.
- Office location: 1528 Chapala St. Santa Barbara & 120 E. Jones St, Santa Maria
We'll work with your schedule.
1528 Chapala StSanta Barbara, CA 93101
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 1 1/2 Hours per Month
- Application, Back Ground Check & Training Web X