Sepsis Alliance, a national non-profit based in San Diego, is looking for public outreach interns to help develop and implement our Sepsis Awareness Month public outreach campaign, which takes place in September. The purpose of this campaign is to save lives by spreading awareness of the symptoms of sepsis among the general public and healthcare professionals.
Sepsis is the leading cause of death in U.S. hospitals. 1.7 million individuals develop sepsis and 270,000 die from sepsis annually in the U.S. Yet, less than 1% of the population can accurately identify the symptoms of sepsis. Intern with Sepsis Alliance and help change this statistic.
Interns will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying stakeholders (hospitals, clinics, patient advocate groups, professional associations)
- Contact and send educational resources and materials to identified stakeholders
- Developing social media content
- Drafting social media copy
- Monitoring social media channels
- Responding to public inquiries for resources and information
- Light administrative duties as assigned
Social Media and Communications Specialist
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours minimum a week.