- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
41 people are interested
Our kitchen is the Grand Central of Open Hand. As you would imagine, with nearly 5,500 meals to prepare, package and deliver every day, the atmosphere is electric. But it’s not all work - the music is always on, and the friendly banter among new friends never ceases. It all makes for a very memorable and rewarding experience.
Description:Packing involves portioning food into individual containers and snack bags on our packing assembly line. With over 5,000 meals to package every day, your help is essential. This is a great project for individuals and families, and a great team-building exercise for school, business and church groups!
Volunteers are expected to stay for the entirety of their scheduled shift.
Volunteer Groups Alert: Reservations for Volunteer Groups (5 or more people) must be coordinated via the Volunteer Services Team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-872-2707 if you are interested in bringing a group.
Shifts: Opportunities Monday-Friday include morning meal packing(9 a.m.- 12 p.m.)and afternoon meal packing (1 p.m.- 3 p.m.). Shifts are also available Saturday morning (9 a.m.- 12 p.m.)and Saturday afternoon (1 p.m.- 4 p.m.) .
- Tennis shoes or nonslip/slip resistant shoes are required; no heels.
- Absolutely no jewelry of any kind. This includes but is not limited to rings, bracelets, watches, step-trackers, necklaces, earrings, gauges, cartilage, nose, and permanent piercings.
- Long pants are required.
- No sleeveless shirts or tank stops. A short sleeved t-shirt is fine. (The packing area can be a little chilly and a light jacket is recommended.)
- No headphones, ear buds, or Bluetooth earpieces may be worn.
For individuals or families of less than 5 people: Volunteers must be age 11 or older. All volunteers under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
For groups or families of 5 or more people: When a group or family has 5 or more minors, the minors must be 16 years or older. Every volunteer group with minors must follow the chaperone ratio: 1 adult per every 3 minor volunteers. Chaperones are required to remain with underage volunteers at all times
. Sign Up: Visit https://openhandatlanta.volunteerhub.com/ to create your account and reserve an open shift that fits your schedule.
We'll work with your schedule.
181 Armour Dr NEAtlanta, GA 30324
- Must be at least 11
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 3 hours per shift
- Each volunteer will need his/her own account on http://www.openhandatlanta.volunteerhub.com