92 people are interested
We have a variety of opportunities available depending on the interests of our volunteer candidates. Some of our openings include:
- Greeting and escorting- welcome people to the hospital with a warm smile and help direct them to the right location.
- Patient care floors- visit patients in their rooms to provide comfort measures, orient new patients to the hospital, provide bedside activities, or just chat. All with the purpose of aiding their recovery.
- Afternoon tea time- Provide in-room tea service for patients.
- Pet Therapy- certified pet therapy animals with owners visit patients in their rooms.
All volunteers attend orientation and training before they start. Health care experience is not necessary, just the desire to help others and provide compassionate service. For more information or to apply online, visit our website (www.fountainvalleyhospital.com/volunteer) or call Volunteer Services at 714-966-7258.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
17100 Euclid Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, US
At Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives.
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center (FVRH) has been providing medical care in our community for over 45 years. We offer a wide range of services, including Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, Oncology, Orthopedics, and more.
As we seek to serve our patients, customers and communities - to provide an exceptional environment for our employees and affiliated physicians and an attractive return to our shareholders - we are guided by our mission and five core values:
Since the founding of the hospital, volunteers have greatly impacted the lives of our patients. Our volunteers are a dynamic group of individuals with the common desire to provide a valuable service to the community by improving the patient and family experience in a compassionate manner. Volunteers are involved throughout the hospital, regularly interacting with patients, families, and staff.
We'll work with your schedule.
17100 Euclid StreetFountain Valley Regional HospitalFountain Valley, CA 92708
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week, more if the volunteer prefers
- in-person interview, TB Health Clearance, Social Security Number for background check