- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Garden volunteers take ownership and pride in their jobs and responsibilities at the House. They make it their own. It’s their responsibility to care for, manage and develop identified garden areas. If you crave the chance to tackle and tame this specific job at the House, let’s talk about your special project.
Director of Volunteers / Manager on Duty
* Excellent knowledge of gardening and a willingness to jump in and help.
* Ability to deal with the public in a helpful, welcoming, and supportive manner
* Have a knowledge and understanding of the way in which to care for, manage and develop identified garden areas, including soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation and planting.
* Possess qualities of friendliness, dependability, flexibility and good listening skills
* Demonstrates respectfulness for confidentiality
* Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 30 pounds
* To have knowledge and ability in the use and maintenance of hand tools.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member while able to accept direction
Duties and Responsibilities
* To ensure that identified garden areas are cared for, managed and developed in order that
they can be used to support RMHC Dayton
* To develop and maintain garden areas and beds, sometimes working alone and sometimes
working with groups.
* To ensure that all health and safety issues related to identified garden areas are addressed to
enable children and staff to use the areas safely.
* Decorate the flower beds according to the season with supplies from our stock
Vary based on availability
We'll work with your schedule.
555 Valley StreetDayton, OH 45404
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Vary based on availability