Consider helping hospice patients connect with family, friends and share their legacy through storytelling.
Aurora at Home's "My Story" program records and preserves our patient's stories for generations to come. Our My Story facilitators help to walk families through the journey of creating and sharing their stories.
As a My Story facilitator with Aurora at Home Hospice, you can help by:
- Calling or meeting with families to discuss our My Story program
- Setting up appointments for a recording
- Helping with equipment set up & paperwork
- Working with families to explain how they can share the recording with loved ones
Each and every step helps to create a positive experience and gives patients, families and friends the space to share their stories.
Aurora at Home - Hospice will provide you with the appropriate training, equipment and be there for you to ask any questions along the way.
To ensure our volunteers are confident and comfortable in all they do, My Story facilitator volunteers will be required to fill out an application, agree to have a background check completed, go through health screening and attend a My Story orientation.
- Hospice Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/month
- Warm Your Heart - Volunteer
- Help Hospice Patients Share...
- Companions for Hospice Patients
- Massage / Reiki Therapists for...
- Home Helpers
- Flexible Opportunity - Just a...
- (Paddock Lake Area) Warm your...
- Sewing Memory Bears
- Join our Hospice Volunteer Team!
- Hospice Volunteers
- Union Grove Area - Veterans...
- Volunteer with a Friend
- Beauticians and Stylists
- Reiki Therapy Volunteers needed...