1 person is interested
Volunteer Outreach Manager
1 person is interested
The DAKTARI Outreach Program is an integral part of our work. This program reinforces the impact we have on the children that come to DAKTARI. We also expand our impact by empowering the local community members to lift themselves out of poverty. Your job will be to maximise this impact in ways that excite the students and community members.
This position allows you to get fully immersed in the local culture and help the communities tackle poverty. You and your local Outreach Manager will be working closely with members of the community and get to know them very well.Your job will include
- Traveling to a local secondary school and teaching the weekly Eco-Club (after school lessons on the environment)
- Creating and updating lesson plans for the Eco-Clubs - they will need to be engaging and fun for the students
- Coordinating the outreach campaigns and prepare engaging and impactful lessons for the students
- Community empowerment activities, including job training workshops
- Looking for ways to measure and analyse your impact in the community
- Follow up our community impact statistics and analysis
- Organise Village Tours and Home Stays
- Assist with the workload alongside our local Outreach Manager
- You must hold an international driving license and be prepared to drive out to schools by yourself
- You must have good time and staff management skills and the ability to focus on several projects at once
- You should be confident in preparing and teaching lessons to children who are not used to paying attention or having fun in class
- Experience teaching individuals whose native language is not English is strongly preferred
- Having previous intercultural experiences or having experienced an underprivileged African classroom is a huge plus
About DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage
P.O. Box 1599, Hoedspruit 1380, Hoedspruit, Limpopo 1380, ZA
The mission of Daktari is to educate and inspire local children to value their environment and stimulate community development!
Daktari is a registered non-profit company located in the Limpopo Province, close to the town of Hoedspruit. It is a bush school where the mission is to educate and inspire local children to value their environment and stimulate community development
Every Monday we welcome a new group of 8 local underprivileged children and 1 youth for a week and give them the opportunity to discover, learn and become passionate about wildlife and conservation, their heritage.
We also supplement their school curriculum in English, maths, sciences, geography, life skills and social issues.
Our goal is to enable today’s local underprivileged children to eventually be able to secure good employment in nature reserves, thereby improving their future quality of life.
Bona Ingwe FarmsP.O. Box 1599HoedspruitHoedspruit, Limpopo 1380South Africa
October 11, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Environmental Education
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- This is a 9-12 months volunteer opportunity