We are a non-profit organization dedicated to providing anyone (typically those in need) with hot meals and bags of groceries. Our food comes from donations, which we gather and offer at various community centers in the Akron, OH area. We are seeking volunteers for the following:
1. Grocery Bag Program: Register clients, escort clients through the food line while helping them pack food into bags, set up/clean up, unload vans. Occurs at various sites depending on the day of the week.
-Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
2. Hot Meals: Unload vans, serve food, reload vans, set up/clean up.
-Monday and Wednesday.
3. Kitchen: Wash, open, cut, prepare food for our Hot Meal Program.
-Monday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings.
4. Driver: Pick up food donations or hot meals for delivery. Valid driver's license required.
5. Office Assistant: Organize, scan paperwork, create logs.
Hours vary from 9 am to 6 pm depending upon placement. Must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer. We ask that volunteers please have a positive, welcoming attitude and open understanding of the people we are committed to serving. For more information, please visit www.goodsamaritanhungercenter.org
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Short-term and long-term volunteers are welcome.