27 people are interested
Board of Directors - LGBTQ Youth Arts Organization
ORGANIZATION: Arts Out Loud
Please visit the new page to apply.
27 people are interested
We're a small grassroots 501c3 nonprofit supporting LGBTQ young people aspiring to a career in the arts. For the last few years, we have been dormant, just trying to wait out the pandemic. We have big changes in store and need YOU! We're looking for people who are enthusiastic, innovative and have a can-do attitude. Board members must have the willingness to commit the necessary time, make a personal gift, and be capable of motivating others. We're looking for people not afraid to jump in and help us reach that next level.
We're looking for Experienced Board Members with at least 5 years of experience in Public Relations, Law, Marketing, Event Planning, and Accounting.
What will be your primary responsibilities as a Board Member?
The Board of Directors supports the work of Arts Out Loud and is responsible for overseeing the direction and management of the organization.
- Use knowledge and connections to further our mission;
- Attend Board meetings and organization events (virtually due to Covid-19);
- Communicate and serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO;
- Assist in identifying and recruiting other Board members;
- Ensure effective organizational planning, and monitor the effectiveness of programs and activities;
- Work actively to secure adequate funding for the organization;
- Serve on committees and participate in special activities;
- Act as an ambassador for the organization, and forge connections with key stakeholders.
Service on AOL’s Board of Directors is without remuneration or compensation.
2 More opportunities with Arts Out Loud2 Reviews
About Arts Out Loud
4818 2nd Street, Suite 23, McKeesport, PA 15132, US
To support and empower Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer young adults pursuing careers in the arts with educational opportunities to enable them to achieve their career goals.
Arts Out Loud exists to support and empower Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer young adults pursuing careers in the with educational opportunities to enable them to achieve their career goals.
Our main focus is providing scholarships to students attending college to pursue an art-related degree. Arts Out Loud also hosts industry-specific events that offer connections with working professionals in their field of interest in the hopes of building lifelong connections.
Young LGBTQ people who have been stigmatized, bullied, or isolated because of their sexual orientation or gender identity often lack critical family, financial, and community support. These are kids with great promise and talent and they often give up because they don’t believe success is possible for them. We empower them with resources for expanding their education and strengthening their sense of pride. Because they matter.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 1, 2023
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
- Event Planning / Management
- 5-10 hours a month
- Board or committee service experience