4 people are interested
Do you believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid? Would you like to work where you are encouraged to promote fun, creativity and play? If you are motivated and you possess leadership experience- both on and off the playground - we want you to put your passion for play to work for us.
Playworks Maryland is seeking a current junior or senior college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to Playworks’ development team. In return, Playworks Maryland will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, social media, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a regional reach. The Development Intern will report to the Development Manager and will support the entire development team.
Here’s where you come in:
In the role of the Development Intern, you will apply your expertise and learned theories to support Playworks Maryland to improve the health and well-being of children by increasing opportunities for physical activity and safe, meaningful play. Specifically you will:
- Assist the development staff in entering data into Salesforce, Playworks donor database.
- Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries.
- Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other fun and exciting activities.
- Maintain donor files and other development materials.
- Attend department and staff meetings.
- Assist with mailings and special projects as needed.
Are you wondering if we are a good fit?
You might wonder what Playworks is known for and whether interning with us can give you the skills you need? Playworks has been creating safe and healthy play for over 20 years by partnering with school districts all over the U.S. Here is a list of the skills you will adopt as an intern here:
- Learn how play can impact sustainable change in youth
- Engage with Playworks professionals in various departments
- Have a staff mentor to guide you and teach you the playworks culture
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Apply learned skills in a professional and supported environment
- Gather valuable feedback to support employment and personal growth
- Learn how development is a pivotal facet of nonprofit operations
And that is not all, to support you to maximize your valuable time with us, and your goals to reach your maximum potential, Playworks will foster an enriching environment through;
- Useful training and information on community engagement, networking and stewardship in connection to development.
- Supportive check-ins from the Development Manager.
- A fun workspace with technological and work related resources.
- A vibrant community of like-minded peers who believe in the power of play!
- Opportunities for professional development & trainings.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field
(e.g., Business, Communications, Public Relations, etc.)
- Desire to learn more about fundraising, philanthropy or nonprofit development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort with a playfully professional workplace culture
- Passionate commitment to Playworks’ mission and vision to improve outcomes for children and schools.
Hours, Start Date and Duration
Flexible within business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). A commitment of 8 -15 hours per week is desired (flexible). Additional hours will be allotted upon request and/or college credit requirements. The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date and may continue through the 2018-2019 academic year depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. This is an unpaid/volunteer internship. College credit hours will be provided.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available for immediate hire, with applications considered on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned.
The position is based in Baltimore, MD. Please visit our website at www.playworks.org to learn more.
Playworks is changing the way children experience school every day by leveraging the power of safe and healthy play. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. Our ambitions demand that we invest in recruiting, developing and managing a team that reflects the broad diversity of our communities. Our core values of inclusion, respect, healthy community and healthy play are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work, including recruiting and retaining the best talent we can.
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.
We'll work with your schedule.
2601 North Howard StreetSuite 310BaltimoreBaltimore, MD 21218
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- 8 - 15 hours per week (flexible)