3 people are interested
A Way with Words is a popular radio show and podcast about language that reaches public radio listeners across the United States and around the world. A Way with Words has been independent since 2007, and has been produced by the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Wayword, Inc., since 2009.
We are currently seeking a motivated development intern with an interest in nonprofit fundraising and operations. The development intern will work closely with and report to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) as part of a small team. Tasks may include:
- researching potential funders, grant opportunities, and sponsors as assigned;
- administrative support including data entry and preparing mailings;
- assisting with grant applications and sponsorship requests;
- preparing for staff and committee meetings;
- helping with event planning and implementation, including the October 2018 gala fundraiser; and
- other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent internet research skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Google Docs and the Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to Wayword’s mission and interest in working in the nonprofit sector
- Direct experience with nonprofit fundraising preferred
The minimum duration of the internship will be 12 weeks with a weekly time commitment of between 4-16 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship.
To apply please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and what makes you a good fit, along with a resume, to email@example.com . No calls, please. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
4133 Poplar StreetSan Diego, CA 92105
- Data Entry
- Executive Admin
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Four to 16 hours a week