Emergency Department Ambassador Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
47 people are interested
In this specialized volunteer role, you will be working side by side with an expert clinical team to help ensure that comfort and communication needs are met in our fast-paced Emergency Department. Here is what you will be doing in this role:
- Provided comfort by offering pillows & blankets, beverages/meals under the direction of the clinical team, TLC
- Interface directly with the clinical team to help keep patients & families informed
- Help manage expectations for our patients & families
- Ensure that call bells are answered quickly
- Complete various tasks that support our Emergency Department Team and much more!
- This opportunity is particularly well suited for individuals that are interested in pursuing a future in healthcare!
About Peconic Bay Medical Center - Northwell Health
1300 Roanoke Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901, US
Peconic Bay Medical Center, a member of Northwell Health, is committed to improving the health of our communities by providing quality , comprehensive and compassionate care. Peconic Bay Medical Center is a team of more than 1,200 caring professionals who are working together to address the full rage of health and wellness needs of the people in our communities as well as all of Suffolk County and Eastern Long Island.
Are you interested in a career in Healthcare whether its clinical or hospitality? Do you want some REAL experience interacting with patients, families and our Emergency Team? Are you someone who loves people and wants to give back? Do you enjoy a fast paced environment where you can really make a difference?
In this role you will be working along side of our expert clinical team to ensure that patient's and families' comfort and communication needs are met. You can be part of the great things that are happening in healthcare.
We'll work with your schedule.
1300 Roanoke AvenueRiverhead, NY 11901
- People Skills
- Patient Care
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly Time blocks of a minimum of 4 hours
- Requires a passion for helping others, excellent communication skills and empathy.