During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to participate in our Impact Sector survey, access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and explore our growing directory of COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The Team Lead ensures that the volunteers are supported and able to do their roles in serving the guests while we are open. They are the point-person, director of operations, during that time in case a problem arises. They work with the Food Coordinator in the Client Choice Area downstairs, all the volunteers, and the leadership in Guest Services to troubleshoot and organize in every situation that arises.
We are in need of individuals to volunteer in this role 2x/month on the following days:
- 2nd & 4th Tuesday (12:30 - 3:30 pm)
- 2nd & 4th Friday (3 pm - 6 pm)
- 1st & 3rd Monday nights (6 pm - 8:30 pm)
37510 N FAIRFIELD RD, LAKE VILLA, IL 60046, US
Luke 3:11 Share Center is more than just another food pantry; it is a place where mutual generosity is cultivated and dignity is restored through the sharing of resources. Honoring the individual, choosing intentionality, and emphasizing efficiency are the three values that shape the programs we offer to those in our community here at Luke 3:11 Share Center.
Through our partnership with Northern Illinois Food Bank, we distribute 35,000lbs food to over 1500 individuals on a monthly basis. We also have a community garden. Our clothing program is currently on hold as we renovate the space in which it is housed. It takes over 1200 volunteer hours each month to make this happen! Come be part of the excitement and fun!
A Little More about our 3 Key Values
1) Honoring the Individual. We have "guests" instead of "clients." Every person that walks through our doors is considered guests, some of our guests also choose to share their time with us as volunteers.
2) Choosing Intentionality. From the wording we use to our processes and procedures, we choose to be intentional about the decisions we make for our programs.
3) Emphasizing efficiency. We understand that not only do our volunteers have other time-commitments, so do our guests. Our programs have been designed with efficiency and time-management in mind.
We'll work with your schedule.
37510 N Fairfield Rd.Lake Villa, IL 60046
June 30, 2020