Food Intake Volunteers 2nd & 4th Tuesdays
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Our Food Intake Receivers help unload boxes of food, stock food for distribution, and ready the space for serving guests.
About LUKE 3 11SHARE CENTER NFP
37510 N FAIRFIELD RD, LAKE VILLA, IL 60046, US
Luke 3:11 Share Center is more than just another food pantry; it is a place where mutual generosity is cultivated and dignity is restored through the sharing of resources. Honoring the individual, choosing intentionality, and emphasizing efficiency are the three values that shape the programs we offer to those in our community here at Luke 3:11 Share Center.
Through our partnership with Northern Illinois Food Bank, we distribute 35,000lbs food to over 1500 individuals on a monthly basis. We also have a community garden. Our clothing program is currently on hold as we renovate the space in which it is housed. It takes over 1200 volunteer hours each month to make this happen! Come be part of the excitement and fun!
A Little More about our 3 Key Values
1) Honoring the Individual. We have "guests" instead of "clients." Every person that walks through our doors is considered guests, some of our guests also choose to share their time with us as volunteers.
2) Choosing Intentionality. From the wording we use to our processes and procedures, we choose to be intentional about the decisions we make for our programs.
3) Emphasizing efficiency. We understand that not only do our volunteers have other time-commitments, so do our guests. Our programs have been designed with efficiency and time-management in mind.
We'll work with your schedule.
37510 N Fairfield Rd.Lake Villa, IL 60046
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- 10:30am - 1:00pm; 2x/month
- Lift up to 20lbs