Participate in the team at Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles, a non-profit economic development project of the African People’s Education and Defense Fund, making lasting changes to impact on the health, education, human rights and future of the African community.
We are seeking a summer intern to help with sales, customer service and building community relationships.
* Are you an outgoing people person who sees the need of change and wants to have a positive impact on your community?
* Do you have an interest in or want to learn about furniture, design and home decor?
Tasks and benefits:
- Learn and practice excellent sales and customer service, with people from all walks of life in a high quality, non-profit furniture store.
- Learn the skill of developing long term community relationships to advance this black-led institution that promotes African community economic development and self-determination.
- Develop skills and knowledge in furniture, merchandizing, home decor, styling, collectibles and more.
* Use and develop your social media skills to reach out to the many friends of Uhuru Furniture.
- Reference for future employment
- 20% discount on all purchases at Uhuru Furniture
- People Skills
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Unpaid intern position of 20+ hours per week
- Sewing for Social Justice!
- Volunteer Your HTML/CSS Skills...
- Unemployed/Retired? Meaningful...
- Marketing For Social Justice
- Postering! Exercise, Sun and...
- Sales and Customer Service...
- Practice Your Photoshop Skills...
- Group Service Project
- Need Community Service Hours?...
- Internship: Marketing Assistant
- Internship: Outreach Coordinator
- Furniture Painting for Social...