Help a Child in San Francisco with a Parent in Prison
DONATE TO THIS
44 people are interested
Youth and children are in dire need of mentors for guidance and nurturing to help them succeed and stop the cycle of incarceration in their families.
Without a caring adult mentor and role model in their lives, these children are five times more likely to go to prison.
- Assist youth in making positive choices
- Explore careers and higher education
- Improve youth's grades
- Assist youth's goals for the future
- See new things and places, and have fun!
- Be a positive role model and friend
- Mentoring boys and girls is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the community
What can you do?
- Mentors connect with a deserving child to help them see their potential
- Mentor is a role model and friend
- Mentors take part in a community to raise the children where we each have a role
How does it work?
- Mentors spend minimum of 2 hours per month together for a year
- Focus on schoolwork
- Go to movies
- Sporting events or museums
- Simply talk and be a trusted friend
- Training and support is provided throughout the relationship
As a mentor, you have the opportunity to help a child see a whole new world and way of life.
For more volunteer information copy and paste the link below into browser!
Be A Mentor, Inc. has been positively interacting with at-risk and academically low performing youth since its founding in 1992 and continues to connect youth with dedicated volunteer adults throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide a direct mentoring service to at-risk youth (such as those in foster care; with incarcerated parents; susceptible to gang participation, drug/alcohol abuse or teen parenting; homeless/in transition or academically struggling).
San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA 94102
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week for a year.
- References, Interview