HR Intern, Arc's Value Village New Hope Volunteers - 2019-2020 - stipend position
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
The Arc’s HR Intern, Arc's Value Village New Hope Volunteers is a stipend eligible position for the 2019-2020 school year and includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May or the utilization of work study. This intern is a self-motivated collaborator who performs a variety of human resources and volunteer management related activities. Duties include: volunteer recruitment, onboarding, management, support and recognition. Also includes evaluation of program and administrative duties to support Value Village New Hope store operations and outcomes. This position supports a broad range of volunteer activities. Duties include:
- Recruitment - Scheduling and staffing events at schools, businesses or community venues where Arc’s Value Village can present information and recruit volunteers.
- Volunteer Engagement - Provide positive feedback and recognition for all volunteers at Arc’s Value Village stores. Foster inviting and inclusive space for volunteers and staff alike to share at our stores.
- Networking - Help Arc’s Value Village develop new ways to connect with the creative, business, and greater community and encourage volunteerism.
- Reports to Volunteer Development Manager and Thrift Leadership Team of specific store & supports a broad range of activities.
- Prepares materials for new volunteer meetings and trainings
- Attends necessary departmental meetings; assists in planning and implementing volunteer thrift events
- Maintain scheduling system and assist volunteers and staff as needed
- Perform other duties as necessary
This is a human resources and volunteer management focused position for the 2018-2019 school year. The intern must be available to intern 10-12 hours per week and be willing to work our of Arc's Value Village New Hope location. Intern needs to be available weekdays, preferably morning and some Saturdays if schedule allows. An exit interview will also be conducted to gauge intern experience and to make recommendations for improvement.
Includes a $1000 stipend payable in December 2019 and in May 2020 or the utilization of work study if eligible. Interested candidates, please email a cover letter and resume to Michelle Theisen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arc Minnesota is a non-profit, grassroots advocacy organization serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Intellectual and developmental disabilities include Down Syndrome, Autism cerebral palsy and related conditions. Arc's Value Village stores provide funding for Arc's programs and services.
2751 Winnetka Ave NNew Hope, MN 55427
- Program Management
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training