13 people are interested
The Riverside Arts Center is always looking for art enthusiastic docents to assist the Program Manager in supporting daily operations in the gallery. . Docents sign up for 2-3 hour shifts and are asked to average one shift/month. More, of course, is great! The gallery is open to the public Thursday-Saturday 3-8pm and Sunday 1:30-4pm. Gallery hours may change as we continue to look to improve our access to the community.
Friday 3-8 PM (Opening Receptions 6-10PM)
Saturday 12-5 PM
Hours may change as we adapt access to the community
- Assist Program Manager in supporting daily operations in the gallery
- Opening and/or closing gallery
- Greeting gallery visitors
- Being available to visitors if they have questions about show or artwork
- Assist Gallery Manager with hanging/take down of exhibit
- Serve as an ambassador for Riverside Arts Center at the gallery and within the community
- Promote gallery happenings on social media
- Assist with programing activity in the gallery
- Facilitate gallery gift shop sales
- Docents are welcome to bring their artwork to work on during their shifts if there are quiet times.
About Riverside Arts Center
76 N. Huron St., Ypsilanti, MI 48197, US
The Riverside Arts Center offers, promotes, and nurtures a dynamic arts and cultural environment in Southeast Michigan through arts education, performing arts, and visual arts activities designed to engage and serve the community.
The Riverside Arts Center offers, promotes, and nurtures dynamic arts and cultural programs through arts education, performing arts, visual and fine arts activities that serve and engage the community in Ypsilanti, Washtenaw County, and the surrounding area.
The Riverside Arts Center offers diverse and high-quality arts programming that makes a positive contribution to the image, culture, education, and economic development of the Ypsilanti community. A hub of artistic ventures, Riverside Arts Center produces and hosts various fine and performing artist activities in an accessible facility that includes a theater, art galleries, dance studio, artist studios, and classrooms. With a primary focus on the Ypsilanti community, Riverside Arts Center provides artistic programming for Washtenaw County and the surrounding area.
We'll work with your schedule.
76 N. Huron St.Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Exhibition Arts
- Social Media / Blogging
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 3 hours per shift