The Neighborhood Coalition for Shelter (NCS) provides supportive housing and services to homeless and formerly homeless single adults, and to youth who are aging out of foster care or are homeless.
Administrative Internship in Fundraising/Communications Department
Volunteer Requirement: A minimum of two days per week of availability is requested.
What you will get to do:
- Assist in the maintenance and posting of content to NCS's social networking sites.
- Assist with redevelopment of NCS’s website (www.ncsinc.org) and creation of supporting content to be published online.
- Create electronic newsletters, write stories and secure photos.
- Monitor social networking strategies in the nonprofit industry, report on trends and best practices.
- Monitor news sites and social media for articles and postings connected to our work.
- Assist in creating and executing offline outreach strategies for a younger population.
- Assist with preparation and execution of live special events, including promotion.
- Assist with administration of donor appreciation letters and other communications.
- Help update and maintain the donor database, produce reports.
- Assist with volunteer engagement online and offline.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Willingness to learn about NCS programs that serve homeless and formerly homeless individuals and sensitivity to the issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; Google and other online research.
- Ability to apply social media skills for professional purposes.
- Reliable attendance.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to respond well to guidance and supervision, coupled with the ability to work independently and in a team.
How to Apply:
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a cover letter.
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- A minimum of 2 days per week