Library Foundation of Los Angeles Communications Internship Summary
The Library Foundation of Los Angeles (LFLA) seeks an all-around amazing intern to assist our Communications team from June through August 2018 for educational credit with a minimum of 12 hours per week. This department communicates the Library Foundation’s internal and external strategic vision through brand awareness, media outreach, storytelling, relationship building, and brand advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have a love of libraries and a strong desire to learn more about communications. This person should be able to communicate ideas clearly, ideate, excellent at time management, and have strong organization skills. Knowledge of email marketing platforms (such as Mail Chimp or Constant Contact), ability to research beyond Google, and social media prowess is a must.
This internship will help the candidate gain knowledge of basic principles in multiple areas of communications from public relations to digital marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate communications calendar in collaboration with internal departments
- Assist in creating social media content
- Assist with social media reporting/analytics
- Organize digital storage systems
- Digitize press clippings
- Assist with evening events as needed
- Upload event listings to calendars
- Clean and maintain email lists
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience working special events
- Willingness to perform administrative duties as needed
- Education focus in communications preferred
This position requires a writing test.
Please email cover letter and resume to KelseyMcrae@lfla.org.
- Literacy / Reading
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 2 days a week