True happiness is helping others. Apply for a Development Internship at Central Library today!
9 people are interested
Interns will work closely with our Development team to support the Foundation’s internal and external strategic vision to attract new members and retains its current enthusiastic supporters, research grant opportunities, and steward grants. An ideal candidate can communicate their ideas clearly and has excellent time management and organizational skills, and is proficient on both Mac and PC platforms. We will train an enthusiastic candidate.
Our interns should commit to a minimum of 3 months and work 12 hours per week. Although our internships are unpaid, interns gain an insightful look into public relations and digital marketing. Our interns receive unparalleled real world experience and exclusive access to nonprofit industry professionals. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What You Will Do
- Research current and potential donors , including Foundations and Corporations
- Assist in the research and development of new public programs and events
- Contribute ideas to increase membership efforts
- Coordinate donor mailings
- Work special events and perform other duties as assigned
What We Offer
- Invaluable first hand communications experience
- References/Letters of Recommendation after intern has completed program for a minimum of 3 months
- Young Literati Friend Membership for 1 year upon completion of your internship
- Paid parking and reimbursement of commute mileage, metro pass or bus pass
Our Proven Track Record
- Since 2012, 70 interns have successfully completed our program.
- Our interns are highly sought after and now work at Windes, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Deloitte, City of LA, etc.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Angela at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
Richard J. Riordan Central Library630 West Fifth StreetLos AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90071
- Public Relations
- Technical Writing
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Our interns should commit to a minimum of 3 months and work 12 hours per week.