Biomedical Services: Transportation Specialist
8 people are interested
To transport blood, blood products and supplies to our hospital customers in a safe and timely manner in the Durham/ Raleigh areas.
- Transport tested blood and blood products to area hospitals
- Transport tested blood and blood products for urgent need request
- Transport time sensitive blood components from blood drives to the Durham laboratory for immediate processing
- Pick-up and return empty boxes from hospitals
- Complete required paperwork and obtain required signatures
- Communicate with Red Cross staff regarding changes and urgent issues
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner adhering to all traffic laws
- Valid state driver’s license - 3 years driving experience (confirmed by motor vehicle check)
- Must have the ability to lift 45 lbs
Training will be provided. Routes are pre-determined and on a fixed schedule
For more information: http://www.redcross.org/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities/deliver-blood
About American Red Cross
807 Carol Street, Fayetteville, NC 28303, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Each day, thousands of people - people just like you - provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world.
We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.
4737 University DriveBuilding 3Durham, NC 27707
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours minimum per month