Playworks Maryland is seeking new advisory board members as we embark on an expansion of our programming. Advisory board members are expected to apply their knowledge, experience, network, and resources towards the advancement of Playworks’ mission by:
- Understanding Playworks’ mission, model, and impact and enthusiastically sharing them with others.
- Attending and actively participating in all board meetings, actively advancing at least one strategic objective, and following through on assignments.
- Making a personally significant gift to the organization
- "Getting" financial contributions for Playworks by proactively contributing names of prospective supporters, cultivating donors, connecting donor prospects to the Executive Director, requesting contributions, developing corporate sponsorships, organizing and/or hosting events, and completing other activities as requested.
- Helping promote Playworks through media contacts, networking, community events, personal and professional contacts, and using social media.
- Identifying and helping recruit new board and committee members.
- Participating in a New Board Member Orientation and an annual full-day strategic planning session or retreat.
- Developing an understanding of the needs of our youth, their communities, and local educational institutions.
- Approving and monitoring the annual operating budget and fundraising plan.
- Developing and helping implement a growth strategy in our region that maximizes impact while ensuring financial sustainability.
- Child Development
- Legal (General)
- Teaching / Instruction
- Human Resources Strategy
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2- 5 hours monthly