Become a Girl Scout CHAMPION in your community!
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Make an impact on the lives of Latinas in your community by helping us bring Girl Scouts to them! Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey is looking for bilingual volunteers who want to help grow Girl Scouts in the city of Elizabeth. The Bilingual Champion will work to recruit new Hispanic girls and volunteers by hosting tables at community events, hosting recruitment events and/or building relationships within the community.
Why is Girl Scouts good for Latinas?
Studies by the Girl Scout Research Institute show that the leadership aspirations of Latina girls are striking:
- 66% of Latinas aspire to be leaders. But what is even more impressive is the kind of leader Latinas want to be.
The same studies show that the main barrier getting in their way is low confidence and self-regard.The Girl Scout experience gives every girl the confidence and personal leadership skills she needs to realize her full potential. Girl Scouts are more successful in school, relationships, and careers; and they achieve more for their families, their community, and their country than non-Girl Scouts. By bringing together girls from different cultures, Girl Scouts gives them a place to celebrate their own heritage and learn about others’, which creates a sense of pride and understanding. Both qualities-pride and understanding-serve girls well throughout their lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BILINGUAL CHAMPION:
- Recruit Hispanic members by hosting recruitment opportunities in the city of Elizabeth
- Provide language support to Girl Scout volunteers in Elizabeth when needed
- Distribute marketing materials and recruitment information throughout Elizabeth
- Use social media to spread the word about Girl Scouts
- Build relationships with local organizations and media outlets
- Must speak Spanish fluently
- Ability and desire to work with and serve people from diverse backgrounds
- Attend necessary training
- Computer Skills: Access to e-mail and the internet
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Men are welcome!
- No previous Girl Scout experience needed. Training is provided
- Develop leadership skills in a supportive, fun environment for your resume
- Volunteer around your schedule. No minimum hours required.
- Volunteer in your own neighborhood! No need to travel outside of Elizabeth
- Make a difference in the lives of girls
- Gain transferable skills in management, budgeting, and group dynamics
- Access to learning opportunities that only volunteers have access to
We'll work with your schedule.
Flexible- You can choose the meeting place!Elizabeth, NJ 07202
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No minimum hours required.
- Must speak Spanish.