OneOC: RSVP (ages 55+) Literacy Mentors for Think Together
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
* Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your active 55+ lifestyle and schedule
* Volunteer Insurance - additional excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
* Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the station & volunteer testimonial, Volunteer Service Pledge Certificates, Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
* Community Engagement - OneOC newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more.
About RSVP Program Station: Think Together has partnered with the Reach Out and Read Program - a national program which prepares America’s youngest children to succeed in school by partnering with doctors to prescribe books and encouraging families to read together.
Location: Multiple Locations in Orange County
Volunteer Opportunity: Literacy Mentors for Think Together’s "Reach Out and Read" Program - Volunteering is in clinic locations. Locations are in Anaheim, Fullerton, Huntington Beach, La Habra, Santa Ana, and Tustin.
Volunteers will spend time one-on-one with a student to help them develop their literacy skills and teach them a love of reading and books. They will have the chance to share a love of reading and books with people who may not have received this sort of encouragement in the past. Volunteers should be good communicators with excellent listening skills, able to work with young people at their pace. They should be passionate about literacy and its importance as well as fluent in English. Fluency in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Farsi is a plus. Volunteers will also help with special events preparation.
- Volunteers must enjoy reading to children in small groups or individually and be patient and encouraging.
- Training is provided and required before being able to read with the children
- Volunteer Requirements: Volunteers must be 18 or older, must have background check clearance (done by the Think Together office) and must clear a TB test
*This is a volunteer non-paid opportunity.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers may serve 1-40 hours weekly. Monday - Friday (some Saturday events, if needed)
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program HERE:
1901 E. 4th Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
To Accelerate Nonprofit Success
OneOC is the leading nonprofit of its kind in Orange County, whose mission is "To accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC is committed to developing deep and meaningful experiences for our nonprofits and companies as they serve their respective communities. Our clients benefit from an array of service solutions including volunteer services, organizational development, back-office support and community engagement.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple LocationsSanta Ana, CA 92705
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1-40 hours weekly
- To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.