OneOC: Retired Senior Volunteer Program - Volunteer Readers for School on Wheels (Countywide)
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), is a free members-only program through the Corporation of National Community Service for adults age 55 and beyond. Established in 1971, RSVP is one of the largest senior volunteer organizations in the nation with more than 360,000 volunteers. Volunteers can use the skills and talents they’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within our community.
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
- Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
- Volunteer Insurance - excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
- Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
- Community Engagement - newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About OneOC - OneOC’s mission is to "accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC provides volunteers, training, consulting and business services to nonprofits to help them become as efficient and effective as they are passionate about their missions.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can give 1-40 hours weekly, whatever fits your lifestyle! Weekly time commitment for this position is a minimum of 1.5 hours.
Wage: This is a volunteer opportunity.
Position: Volunteer Tutor for a homeless child through School of Wheels.
- Volunteer must commit to tutor a child for a minimum of 1 hour per week on a consistent basis
- High need between the hours of 1:00pm-4:00pm in Santa Ana and Anaheim locations
- Volunteer will be trained to facilitate first session introductions with School on Wheels volunteers and students
- Notify School on Wheels staff on shelter or after school program needs, take attendance, and submit new student information to staff
- Communicate with other volunteers via site visits, phone calls, and email to provide support and check in’s with fellow volunteers
- Inspire the child to develop a positive attitude towards learning and provide academic assistance to that child
- Notify the School on Wheels staff when student needs a backpack, school supplies, uniforms or books
- Talk to the child’s teacher to determine how to best work with him/her
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete the RSVP application.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program by emailing Abby Edmunds at email@example.com