OneOC: Retired Senior Volunteer Program - Hospice Care Volunteers for Parentis Health Foundation
OneOC: Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Hospice Care Volunteers Needed for Parentis Health Foundation
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), is a free members-only program through the Corporation of National Community Service for adults age 55 and beyond. Established in 1971, RSVP is one of the largest senior volunteer organizations in the nation with more than 360,000 volunteers. Volunteers can use the skills and talents they’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within our community.
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
- Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
- Volunteer Insurance - excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
- Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
- Community Engagement - newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About OneOC - OneOC’s mission is to "accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC provides volunteers, training, consulting and business services to nonprofits to help them become as efficient and effective as they are passionate about their missions.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can give 1-40 hours weekly, whatever fits your lifestyle! Weekly time commitment for this position is a minimum of 1 hour, Monday through Friday.
Wage: This is a volunteer opportunity.
Position: Parentis Health Foundation need volunteers to provide companionship for hospice patients and their families. Volunteers will offer emotional support, patient care and respite for the caregiver.
- Volunteers will receive 10 hours of training
- Volunteers must commit to between 2-5 hours weekly, for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Volunteers must receive background clearance and a TB screening
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete the RSVP application.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program by emailing Abby Edmunds at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
1901 E 4th Street, Suite 100Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training