LUNGFORCE Walk Volunteer Committee
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
Volunteers help us all breathe easier! Volunteers have played a vital role for the American Lung Association since its founding, more than 100 years ago. We are grateful for the support of hundreds of thousands of volunteers nationwide.
BE A FORCE to be reckoned with! The American Lung Association Detroit office is seeking a diverse group of individuals interested in joining the LUNG FORCE Walk Leadership Team to support the signature LUNG FORCE Run/Walk 5K event (www.lungforcedetroit.org).
Our LUNG FORCE Walk is like no other charity event. Lung cancer is increasing among women, affecting our mothers, daughters, sisters and loved ones across all races and ethnicities. Yet, for most women, it’s not even on their radar as a potential risk. The LUNG FORCE Walk is raising awareness and funds to help those impacted by lung cancer and other lung diseases, including asthma and COPD. Our Walk features LUNG FORCE Heroes and their families, a LUNG FORCE Action Passport to interactive education areas, fun games and activities, and inspiring stories of hope. So, join with us as we share our voices and rally our friends, neighbors and colleagues to join the fight against lung cancer-and for lung health.
The role of Leadership Team members involves engaging the community to build family and corporate teams, drive sponsorship, catch the attention of local media, develop and implement creative marketing and communications strategies to achieve the goal of raising over $75,000 to help those impacted by lung disease.
The LUNG FORCE Leadership Team works toward these goals by:
- Serve as a community ambassador for LUNG FORCE walk at health fairs, community events, running clubs, and other promotional opportunities.
- Help to plan an engaging and meaningful day of event activities for our LUNG FORCE Heroes, teams, and all walkers.
- Bring creative ideas to the table for fundraising, marketing, communications, and public relations to the monthly Leadership Team meetings.
- Identify corporate prospects for involvement through sponsorship, team fundraising, and volunteerism.
If you have any questions or more information on how to get involved, please contact Savannah Bentz at Savannah.Bentz@lung.org or 248-784-2000.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1475 E. Twelve Mile RoadMadison Heights, MI 48071
- Outdoor Recreation
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Business Development
- People 55+
- 3-5 hours/month