OneOC: RSVP (ages 55+) Career Mentor volunteers for Working Wardrobes Irvine, CA
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
* Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your active 55+ lifestyle and schedule
* Volunteer Insurance - additional excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
* Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the station & volunteer testimonial, Volunteer Service Pledge Certificates, Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
* Community Engagement - OneOC newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About RSVP Program Station: Working Wardrobes is an Orange County based nonprofit whose mission is to help people find employment. Working Wardrobes has changed the lives of nearly 95,000 men, women, veterans, and young adults overcoming difficult challenges - alcohol and substance abuse, domestic violence, incarceration, homelessness, catastrophic illness, and traumatic financial loss. Our clients are referred to us from more than 60 programs throughout Southern California.
Location: Irvine, CA
Volunteer Opportunity: Career Mentor volunteers are needed to assist with administration, business development, workshops, Veterans outreach, workforce development, copywriting and Working Wardrobe’s retail shops throughout Orange County.
Volunteer tasks such as:
- Front Desk Greeter/Receptionist - Greet guests as they come into front lobby. Answer phone calls and transfer to appropriate parties. Miscellaneous administrative tasks if skillset is applicable. Must be personable.
- Donor Lobby Greeter - Greet and welcome donors as they arrive at the Donor Lobby. Provide information about a current event or promotion and find ways to engage the prospect in our work. Volunteer must be customer service oriented.
- Donor Center Assistant - Assist Donation team with quality checking, sorting, and tagging clothing donations.
- Retail Store Associate - Assist store manager with restocking the store floor, setting customers up with fitting rooms, ringing a customer up (no experience necessary, will train). Must be customer service oriented.
- Admin/Intake for Veteran’s program - Assist Veterans Program Manager with intake eligibility documents for military veterans and their families. Must be personable and have basic data computer entry skills.
- Career Center Assistant - Assists Career Center Manager with job search applicants, interview prep, resume building and job search sites.
*This is a volunteer non-paid opportunity.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers may serve 1-40 hours weekly. Monday - Friday (some Saturday events, if needed)
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program HERE:
1901 E. 4th Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
To Accelerate Nonprofit Success
OneOC is the leading nonprofit of its kind in Orange County, whose mission is "To accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC is committed to developing deep and meaningful experiences for our nonprofits and companies as they serve their respective communities. Our clients benefit from an array of service solutions including volunteer services, organizational development, back-office support and community engagement.