Board Member - Children's Human Services Organization
7 people are interested
Zoe's Story helps children battling Chronic Recurrent Multifocal Osteomyelitis (CRMO) and other rare diseases using the power of the pen. We host monthly journal writing and creative writing sessions virtually for our audience with a goal of empowering them to use writing as a tool to combat feelings associated with living with a rare disease.
We are currently seeking 2 members to join our board. The role of our board members is to advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Zoe's Story so as to support its mission and needs.
Major responsibilities of Board Members:
- Uphold all legal requirements related to Zoe's Story's bylaws and its Florida and [501(c)(3) tax-exemption status
- Lead and advise the organization in accordance with its mission
- Contribute to the creation of the organization's annual strategy
- Oversee and monitor policies and procedures
- Adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversee program planning and evaluation
- Review organizational and programmatic reports
- Promote Zoe's Story to its constituencies and the broader community
- Assist with fundraising and the formation of strategic partnerships
Duration of term: 2 years
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors typically meets once per quarter, typically on the first Tuesday of the month beginning a new quarter for 90 minutes at virtually (video conference)
- Board members are asked to attend a minimum of two virtual journaling sessions per year in addition to the annual Writing Warriors Boot Camp, which is the organization's signature event.
Expectations of Board Members:
- Acts in the best interests of Zoe's Story, and makes recommendations based on his / her experience and perspective.
- Avoids conflicts of interest and provides notice when they arise.
- Attends and participates in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participates on a standing committee of the board, and serves on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Zoe's Story’s mission, intermediate goals, and / or programs, and transmits them to relevant board committees and staff.
- Helps communicate and promote Zoe's Story’s mission and programs to the community.
- Familiar with Zoe's Story’s finances, budget, and financial / resource needs.
- Familiar with Zoe's Story’s policies and procedures.
- Financially supports and promotes Zoe's Story in a manner commensurate with his / her ability.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Youth Services
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours every quarter
- Attendance at Annual Writing Boot Camp