Director of Membership / Associate Director of Membership
1 person is interested
Director of Membership / Associate Director of Membership
The purpose of In Her Shoes Foundation (IHSF) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: CMO
Position Summary: The Director of Membership / Associate Director of Membership is expected to oversee and manage IHSF’s membership activities, with a goal of driving a superior member experience, increasing membership acquisition and retention, and enhancing membership connections and engagement. This position ensures that all membership-related activities are executed efficiently and in a timely manner, with use of automation where possible, and that the entire membership team is committed to a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for membership and associated revenues.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for proactive, year-round membership communications, promotions, and events to position IHSF as a forward-thinking organization; drive member recruiting and retention; empower and connect new and existing members; monitor ongoing member satisfaction; and promote IHSF programs.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan and associated internal processes to maximize use and efficiency of IHSF’s CRM system (Neon) as the primary tool for managing membership data, as well as volunteer and donor data, serving as a Member Portal, and deploying all membership communications (eBlasts) to align with the strategic plan for membership communications.
- Work in partnership with the CMO and Director of Marketing & Communications to refine the strategies and implementation schedules based on overarching goals of IHSF and on-going marketing initiatives.
- Foster a solution-oriented and customer-centric approach to any membership or CRM-related issues, including but not limited to website/online portal registration process, payment issues, password issues, etc. Promptly troubleshoot issues and coordinate with appropriate parties to resolve problems and ensure member satisfaction.
- Oversee creative staff in development of written content, graphics and/or marketing collateral for member and/or prospective member communications for both automated messages and customized/one-off campaigns.
- Oversee technical staff to ensure CRM is kept up-to-date at all times; mailing lists and segments are proactively maintained; user profiles and security protocols are up-to-date; and any administrative, maintenance, or clean-up tasks are regularly performed.
- Oversee event planning staff to ensure membership events are properly coordinated and occurring at appropriate intervals.
- Ensure projects, campaigns, and events and related communications are implemented within designated timeframes, especially monthly or quarterly recurring activities.
- Partner with Director of Marketing & Communications to provide input on using social media channels and/or developing reciprocity with like-minded organizations to engage members and/or prospective members.
- Ensure that key learnings, metrics, and data insights from marketing campaigns are communicated through regular reporting to CEO and CMO; and that campaign parameters are adjusted, as needed, based on analytics.
- Coordinate with IHSF Directors and/or Project Managers to maximize registration, ticket sales, etc. for member programs and/or fundraising events.
- Collaborate with fellow members of the IHSF Leadership Team, including, but not limited to CEO, CMO, Director of Marketing & Communications, Director of Development, and Director of Human Resources, to enhance membership strategies.
- Provide monthly membership report to CEO and CMO to include membership metrics, retention rates, list of members/names, current status, renewal dates, monthly and/or yearly increase/decrease notes, membership durations, new trends/insights, etc.
- Coordinate with the CEO/CFO, as necessary, on billing or transaction issues for new or renewing members.
- Build and oversee a team of dedicated marketing and/or technical staff.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills, plus the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Strong writing skills and experience with developing content marketing strategies.
- Advanced project-management and customer-service skills, with the ability to develop and execute short and long term plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to collaborate across divisions and departments to implement processes and achieve results.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communication of best practices.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set. Ability to be hands-on as required and to delegate as possible.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong experience with databases and CRM systems.
- Strong familiarity with email service providers (ESPs), especially MailChimp.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to Hr.email@example.com.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
We'll work with your schedule.
155 N Michigan Ave#9012Chicago, IL 60601
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training