Key Responsibilities of a Financial/Accounting Coordinator
Financial coordinators are primarily responsible for executing their daily financial activities that are in compliance with the company standards. They are responsible for working under the guidance of a manager. To get a more clear idea on what exactly are the responsibilities that need to be handled by a financial coordinator, here is a detailed description of duties for your reference:
- To gather and collect all the financial data and information, to verify whether it has been accurately entered in the system, to monitor and retrieve the financial details whenever there is a need, etc.
- To review and post account payable ledger entries, manage and process invoices, to prepare and review account receivable, and other balance reconciliation
- To provide support in budget preparation and drafting of relevant documents, perform miscellaneous filing, ad hoc reconciliation, improvise and document processes, etc.
- To ensure timely completion of the assigned accounting tasks that are in accordance with the outlined policies and procedures
- To identify opportunities for enhancement
They are responsible for making accurate entries in the accounting system to maintain an accurate filing system by processing the checks, expense reports, and reconciliation of accounts. He keeps a track of the accounts that are needed to make subsequent payments, closely monitors the financial data. They type and maintain various documents that need signatures and keep those and other documents in a filing system.
They identify the financial discrepancies and correct them, collect the cash received, and make sure that all the payments are made in a timely fashion.
Essential Skills and Abilities
If you are aiming to be the best financial coordinator, you should be excellent at executing the administrative and clerical functions independently and efficiently. A financial coordinator must demonstrate a strong initiative, should be self confident, and motivate others. They should have an eye for detail, ability to identify discrepancies, and should be able to provide appropriate solutions. 1-3 years of experience in Accounting/Finance required.
A bachelor's degree of four years from an accredited university in finance, accounting, audit, or tax would be sufficient to make an entry. A master's degree in business management or administration would help in advancing your career faster. A bachelor of liberal arts with a demonstrated work experience in the finance field can also find suitable job opportunities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Project Manager
- Manager of Fundraising/Corporate...
- Facilitator for Professional...
- Legal Council
- Near Southside Opportunity to...
- Sr. Manager, Communication
- Forest Park, IL Opportunity to...
- Database Administrator
- Director of Fundraising
- Finance Manager
- Membership Coordinator
- Teen Girls Program Mentor
- Executive Director
- Director of Operations
- Director of Philanthropy
- Human Resources Manager
- IHSF Blogger
- Volunteers Needed for...
- Volunteer Coordinator