DONATE TO THIS
48 people are interested
OneOC: RSVP (ages 55+) Volunteers Needed in Orange County!
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
48 people are interested
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers at local Orange & San Bernardino Counties nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
- Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
- Volunteer Insurance - excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
- Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
- Community Engagement - newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers may serve 1-40 hours weekly.
*This is a volunteer non-paid opportunity.
STATIONS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS:
1. Goin Native (San Juan Capistrano) - Nature Stewards volunteers are needed to teach gardening and life skills to engage special needs adults, youth, seniors, and veteran groups to include individuals on their vocational career path through gardening sensory activities, serenity education and meditation techniques in nature. Typical duties are to support and maintain the longevity of the butterfly habitats and gardens including watering, planting, herbs, and farm fresh food. Therapeutic Garden & The Butterfly Sanctuary hours vary Mon - Sat. Locations are listed below:
- The Therapeutic Garden: Monday & Friday 8-11am and Wednesdays 3-5pm.
- The Butterfly Sanctuary: Tuesday & Thursday from 8:30am - 10:30am.
2. Working Wardrobes (Irvine) - Career Mentor volunteers are needed to assist with administration, business development, workshops, Veterans outreach, workforce development, copywriting and Working Wardrobe’s retail shops throughout Orange County.
3. Laura's House (Lake Forest & San Juan Capistrano) - Resale Associate volunteers may be cleaning, putting out product, colorizing or sizing clothing, and servicing our amazing customers and donors. Donation Center volunteers will assist our Donation Center manager with processing and sorting donations including sorting, packing, hanging and tagging items.
4. Bracken's Kitchen (Garden Grove) - Donations and Receiving Specialist volunteers are needed to help take inventory, organize, and package donation items.
5. StandUp For Kids (Costa Mesa) - Food Delivery volunteers needed to help deliver food and supplies to homeless/at-risk youth and their families. Life Skills Mentor volunteers needed to teach kids how to clean, cook, be a good neighbor, safety, budget, etc. and get them set up in their new place.
Stations Accepting Volunteers for Waiting List:
6. Orange Senior Center (Orange) - End Hunger Driver Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to home-bound elderly and disabled individuals. All volunteer drivers need to have a car, automobile insurance and a current driver’s license.
7. School on Wheels (Various Locations) - Literacy Mentor volunteers are needed for homeless children throughout Orange County. Schools on Wheels provides tutoring and mentoring in after-school settings. Volunteers will work 1:1 or in small groups with students to support their literacy.
8. South County Repertory (Costa Mesa) - Literacy Mentor/Usher volunteers needed after school for at risk youth theatre camps, classes, workshops, schools, and conservatory productions providing education through music theatre and the arts. During show season, volunteers will also have scheduled Usher Volunteer duties with their choice of shows/teams. Duties include taking tickets, helping patrons find their seats, and selling items at the Theater Shop cart or in Concessions. Hours vary from Tues- Sat.
9. Think Together (Various Locations) -Literacy Mentor volunteers needed for Think Together "Reach Out and Read" Program which takes place in Pediatric Doctor waiting rooms.
10. Buena Park Meals on Wheels (Buena Park) - Food Delivery Driver volunteers are needed to deliver meals to home-bound seniors and disabled individuals. Buena Park Meals on Wheels provides more than 11,000 individuals per year. All volunteer drivers need to have a car, automobile insurance and a current driver's license.
11. Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino Food Bank - End Hunger Food Security/Distribution volunteers needed to perform a variety of picking/receiving, inventory control, and stocking activities, unload food items, materials and supplies.
12. CAPSBC Food Pantries partner locations at Churches, Community centers - End Hunger volunteers who conduct administrative and client intake eligibility data entry to create food pick-up tickets, while others work in the pantry filling orders and distributing to the clients. Basic computer data entry, math knowledge and care driven customer service required in the cities of Bloomington, Chino, Colton, Grand Terrace, Rialto, and Rancho Cucamonga.
Select 1-2 RSVP volunteer service opportunities that best suit your interest. Once selected, we’ll move forward with next steps.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete the RSVP Application.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program HERE:
1901 E. 4th Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
To Accelerate Nonprofit Success
OneOC is the leading nonprofit of its kind in Orange County, whose mission is "To accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC is committed to developing deep and meaningful experiences for our nonprofits and companies as they serve their respective communities. Our clients benefit from an array of service solutions including volunteer services, organizational development, back-office support and community engagement.
1901 E 4th Street, Suite 100Santa Ana, CA 92705
April 28, 2022
- Community Outreach
- Literacy / Reading
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour minimum a week.
- To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.