Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance
Jodi's Race for Awareness is a colorful event that raises funds for the programs of Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance (COCA).
We need photographers of all skill levels to help capture the joy and special moments!
You must be willing to provide all photos taken in a digital format to COCA (via Google). Every participant has signed a photo waiver.
All volunteer photographers must adhere to Denver City Park social distancing guidelines and/or mask-wearing!
If you have questions, please contact Jeanene@colo-ovariancancer.org
Sat Jun 12, 2021
07:00 AM to 09:30 AM
Sat Jun 12, 2021
09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance
1777 S. Bellaire St., Suite 170, Denver, CO 80222, US
The mission of the Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance is to provide support to women and to promote awareness and early detection of ovarian cancer through advocacy and education.
The Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance (COCA) reaches out to women with ovarian cancer in many ways:
- Provides support through our Nicki’s Circle Support Groups
- Offers financial assistance to Colorado women in treatment for ovarian cancer through the COCACares program (one of the only programs of its kind nationwide)
- "Comfort Kits" that contain resource information and items of comfort are given to women who are newly diagnosed with ovarian cancer
COCA also works to educate:
- The general population about ovarian cancer symptom and risk factors through health fairs and via its "September Awareness" campaign
- Medical students about ovarian cancer through Survivors Teaching Students (STS)
COCA's annual "Jodi's Race for Awareness" is a 5K run / 1 mile walk event whose primary goal is to raise awareness of ovarian cancer. The event, which began in 2010, is held each June.