Serve Meals with Love to Adults with Disabilities
DONATE TO THIS
23 people are interested
At Project Open Hand, we rely on more than 125 volunteers every day to help prepare, package and deliver meals with love. Community Nutrition Program volunteer tasks include plating food in the kitchen, serving clients their meals, and maintaining the cleanliness of the meal site. As many of the meal participants appreciate your helping hand, we encourage you to interact with the clients by engaging in conversation.
- At least 18 years of age
- TB test required
- Reliability and consistency
- Able to work well with others and comfortable interacting with a culturally diverse population
- Once a week
- Monday - Friday
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Dress and groom appropriately by wearing close-toed shoes, pants, and a shirt with sleeves
- Wear vinyl gloves and proper hair coverage
- It is critical to ensure volunteers properly wash their hands before putting on glovesand immediately after removing them
- Always change gloves if the gloves are ripped, torn, contaminated, or if you are switching to a different task
About Project Open Hand
730 Polk Street, San Francisco, CA 94109, US
Project Open Hand’s mission is to nourish and engage our community by providing meals with love to the sick and the elderly.
Founded in 1985, Project Open Hand is a nonprofit organization that provides meals with love to critically ill neighbors and seniors. Our food is like medicine, helping clients recover from illness, get stronger, and lead healthier lives.
Every day, we prepare 2,500 nutritious meals and provide 200 bags of healthy groceries to help sustain our clients as they battle serious illnesses, isolation, or the health challenges of aging. We serve San Francisco and Alameda Counties, engaging more than 125 volunteers every day to nourish our community.
We'll work with your schedule.
730 Polk StreetSan FranciscoSan Francisco, CA 94109
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training