Some of the duties include:
Youth Sports Coach - working directly with a group of youth to improve sportspecific
skills and learn to work together as a team.
Program Leader - planning or improving existing programming through design,
outreach, structure and management.
Health and Nutrition Leader - training youth and parents on the benefits of proper
eating, exercise, hydration and other issues that affect youth on the playing field and in
Camp Coordinator - leading activities during out-of-school time, including weekends
and vacations, when student-athletes are often unengaged.
Assistant Event Planner - making the tournament of your dreams a reality; you will
see what it takes to pull off one of these special events.
Volunteer Recruiter - inviting participants to our events.
Coach will be located at Pierre Capdau Elementary School.
The living stipend for this position is $7,770 and the education award is $2,907.50
This position averages 25 hours per week, Monday through Thursday from 3-6 , and Saturdays.
Additionally, the AmeriCorps Up2Us Coach will:
* Encourage participants to gain and develop life skills, knowledge, and techniques through sport, using
lessons learned at Up2Us Sports’ best in class training events
* Perform data collection activities such as directed by your Up2Us Sports Program Manager
* Act as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the community and youth served
Up2Us AmeriCorps Coaches must complete the following requirements to ensure successful completion of the
* Completion of the minimum required hours of service and training by last day of coach contract
* Attendance at the Up2Us Coach orientation
* Completion of twice monthly America Learns reflection logs at an 80% level or higher
* Completion of bi-weekly timesheets
* Attendance at a day of service
* Attend/participate in Up2Us Sports trainings, meetings, and special initiatives
Member Eligibility & Qualifications
* AmeriCorps is open to U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents.
* Members must be 18 years old, or 17 with written parental/guardian consent.
* Members must have, or be working toward a High School diploma, GED, or its equivalent.
List specific site qualifications/eligibility requirements:
Ideal candidate will have experience working with youth, including a background
in sports such as Tennis, Soccer, and Running.
Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check
Candidate should possess a positive attitude
Candidate should have access to transportation