14 people are interested
Hospital Victim Advocate
ORGANIZATION: Cumbee Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
The Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons provides services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Without our awesome team of volunteers we could not provide the number of services that we do! Every service we offer is free of charge to the victim and their family!
We are in need of Hospital Victim Advocates! Victim advocates volunteer for shifts during the week or weekends to respond to any ER hospital calls for domestic violence or sexual assault. By providing the victim with emotional support during their exam, victim advocates serve a vital role in the recovery process, This initial contact with victims is a very important introduction to the services we offer to help empower them after this tragic event.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must complete the 25-Hour Volunteer Training Course
Access to Transportation
Ability to listen and communicate in non-judgmental manner while respecting client confidentiality
Ability to remain calm in crisis situations
Find out more information and apply at http://www.cumbeecenter.org/volunteer.html
About Cumbee Center
254 Beaufort St NE, Aiken, SC 29801, US
Our mission is to support and empower domestic violence and sexual violence victims and their families by providing services, reducing the tolerance of abuse, and advocating for social change.
The Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons is a non-profit agency, which provides services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. All our services are 100% free and confidential.
In an attempt to accomplish our mission, we:
- offer an immediate, confidential safe place for the abused to live
- provide a supportive environment with a strong emphasis on peer support
- implement a self-help philosophy to enhance self-esteem and decision-making skills
- staff 24- hour crisis line
- provide accurate information and referrals to abused women and their children and when appropriate to their abusers
- provide advocacy services
- provide individual crisis, group and family counseling
- provide follow up support
- offer community education to increase public awareness and understanding of domestic violence.
254 Beaufort ST NEPO BoxAikenAiken, SC 29801
November 15, 2022
- Crisis Intervention
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training