Special Events Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Description of Duties:
The Special Events Volunteer will be responsible for assisting and supporting staff and working directly with guests during our Ida McKinley Birthday Extravanganza.
Activities and Responsibilities:
The Special Events Volunteer(s) will be tasked to assist with some of the following duties:
- Greeting and checking in guests as they arrive at the main check in gate
- Answering general questions about the event and directing guests to various areas onsite
- Clean up and/or tear down for the day’s activities
- Serve light refreshments
- Manage parking lot(s)
Characteristics, Training and Experience:
- Must fill out a Volunteer Application
- Must be able to volunteer from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or work a morning or afternoon shift during those hours
- Must enjoy working with others; good customer service skills are a plus!
- Must be willing and able to assist with any/all of the above responsibilities
TO APPLY please visit www.volunteer.gov/gov and search for the First Ladies National Historic Site Volunteer Opportunities.
About National First Ladies' Library
205 MARKET AVE S, CANTON, OH 44702, US
As the first and only facility of its kind, the National First Ladies' Library serves as a unique national resource for patrons from school children to serious scholars. As a national archive devoted to educating people about the contributions of First Ladies and other notable women in history, the Library's holdings fill an informational void that has long frustrated academicians and armchair history buffs alike. The Library fulfills this mission by serving as a physical educational facility and an electronic virtual library, in an effort to educate people in the United States and around the world.
Located in 2 buildings, the National First Ladies' Library provides interpretive tours to the general public on the achievements of our nation's First Ladies and the life of Ohio First Lady, Ida Saxton McKinley. Educational programs for people of various ages are also available throughout the year.
We'll work with your schedule.
205 Market Avenue SouthCantonCanton, OH 44702
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Hours needed vary depending on type of event.