DONATE TO THIS
270 people are interested
Public Policy Intern/Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Mental Health America of Greater Dallas
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
270 people are interested
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with our organization!
To begin the process, please read the opportunity description below. If it matches your volunteer or intern goals, please visit https://www.mhadallas.org/get-involved/volunteer-mha-greater-dallas, click on the Volunteer Application link, then, email your completed application to email@example.com.
SUMMARY: This position is ideal for individuals located in the Dallas or Austin area, interested in pursuing careers in advocacy, policy, and social work. As our Public Policy intern or volunteer, you will collaborate with the Executive Director and other community stakeholders on state and federal policy around mental health. Our Public Policy projects are based on our organization’s current priorities and matched with your specific interests. An example project would be to create a manual of the ideal Parity Act compliance, a legal analysis to explain what the law requires and why, and how to best determine compliance with the law, given low transparency and limited capacity for enforcement. Our organization is flexible in how we achieve maximum advocacy, and your creative ideas are always welcome.
An ideal candidate should:
- Have an interest in helping others
- Have strong writing skills
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Produce high-quality, error-free work
- Communicate efficiently and professionally
- Attend community and professional meetings concerning mental health legislation
- The volunteer/intern must meet the physical demands described here to successfully perform the essential functions of this opportunity.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This opportunity regularly requires using hands to fingers, handle, and talk and hear. The incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required for this opportunity include the ability to use computers, and a physical desk phone.
About Mental Health America of Greater Dallas
624 N GOOD LATIMER STE 200, DALLAS, TX 75204, US
Mental Health America of Greater Dallas champions for the mental well-being of all. Since 1947, Mental Health America of Greater Dallas has helped our community improve mental health through advocacy, community education and resources for children, adolescents and adults.
Mental Health America of Greater Dallas (MHA Dallas) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working to promote mental wellness through community education and policy advocacy. Put simply, MHA Dallas serves as a catalyst to identify, assess and respond to mental health needs in the community.
MHA Dallas operates through strategic long-range planning along with immediate responses to community crises as they arise. In addition to our efforts to supply information, education and advocacy related to mental health issues, we also provide preventive programs designed to equip high-risk populations (including children, the homeless and the indigent) with information and skills to combat stress and adversity.
Through collaboration with other service providers, MHA Dallas coordinates a powerful local movement that addresses the needs of those without affordable and accessible mental health services in the Dallas area. Read our history of achievements here: https://mhadallas.org/about-us/. Won't you join us?
624 N. Good-Latimer ExpresswaySuite 200Dallas, TX 75204
December 8, 2022
- Technical Writing
- Program Management
- Mental Health
- Public Relations
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible but with scheduled time for maximum impact.