DONATE TO THIS
56 people are interested
Digital Outreach and Engagement Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Mental Health America of Greater Dallas
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
56 people are interested
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with our organization!
To begin the process, please read the opportunity description below. If it matches your volunteer or intern goals, please visit https://www.mhadallas.org/get-involved/volunteer-mha-greater-dallas, click on the Volunteer Application link, then, email your completed application to email@example.com.
SUMMARY: This opportunity is ideal for college internships and those interested in digital media and community engagement. As our Digital Outreach and Engagement intern or volunteer, you will be actively involved in developing strategies to engage Mental Health America’s online communities by improving social media presence, developing content, and messaging, and planning creative ways to get our name and message out there. You will collaborate closely with our team to leverage the power of social media to enhance MHA - Greater Dallas’ presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and other platforms.
- Use social media Strategically to increase message and brand
- Manage and develop online communities
- Create new written and visual digital content
- Create social media campaign initiatives and execute them across a variety of a platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate should:
- Have experience working with social media platforms to promote a social justice cause
- Have an interest in marketing, business, public relations, or communications
- Be creative and able to work independently
- Have strong writing skills
- Be highly organized, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive projects
- Produce high-quality, error-free work
- Communicate efficiently and professionally
- Graphic design and/or video editing skills are a plus.
- The volunteer/intern must meet the physical demands described here to successfully perform the essential functions of this opportunity.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This opportunity regularly requires using hands to fingers, handle, and talk and hear. The incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required for this opportunity include the ability to use computers, and a physical desk phone.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mental Health America of Greater Dallas
624 N GOOD LATIMER STE 200, DALLAS, TX 75204, US
Mental Health America of Greater Dallas champions for the mental well-being of all. Since 1947, Mental Health America of Greater Dallas has helped our community improve mental health through advocacy, community education and resources for children, adolescents and adults.
Mental Health America of Greater Dallas (MHA Dallas) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working to promote mental wellness through community education and policy advocacy. Put simply, MHA Dallas serves as a catalyst to identify, assess and respond to mental health needs in the community.
MHA Dallas operates through strategic long-range planning along with immediate responses to community crises as they arise. In addition to our efforts to supply information, education and advocacy related to mental health issues, we also provide preventive programs designed to equip high-risk populations (including children, the homeless and the indigent) with information and skills to combat stress and adversity.
Through collaboration with other service providers, MHA Dallas coordinates a powerful local movement that addresses the needs of those without affordable and accessible mental health services in the Dallas area. Read our history of achievements here: https://mhadallas.org/about-us/. Won't you join us?
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 25, 2023
- Mental Health
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible but with fixed schedule to optimize impact.