Help seniors remain in their homes
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Help seniors stay in their homes!
Volunteers are needed to assist in various east side communities (Maple Heights, Solon, Cleveland Heights, Mayfield Village, Mayfield Heights, South Euclid, Lyndhurst & Highland Heights)
Seniors in these communities need assistance in basic home and yard organization and maintenance. Some of the opportunities to assist include:
* Exterior yard - rake and/or weed the homeowners yard, conduct small to medium paint projects. May also work with hedge trimmers, power washers, etc. This is not a requirement; volunteer can choose to use power tools
* Interior home- basic homekeeping duties of cleaning the stove, refrigerator, washing windows (inside and outside), switching out seasonal clothing, changing furnace filters, light bulbs, smoke detector batteries, etc.
* Home Organization- organize cabinets, food pantry, photographs and other related projects
* Technology Assistance- assist in the updating of devices; train homeowner on use of remotes, TVs, and other technology needs
* Screen & Storm Window Assistance- change out the windows with the seasons
Minimum of 2 hour shifts. Weekdays and Weekends available.
Mandatory background check.
Great way to help senior citizen homeowners maintain and keep their homes.
Notify us which of the above positions you are qualified and willing to assist with.
About Greater Cleveland Volunteers
4415 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200, Cleveland, OH 44103, US
Greater Cleveland Volunteers enriches the community and individuals through volunteer service.
We connect individuals and groups, aged 18 and over, to volunteer opportunities throughout Cuyahoga County. We offer ongoing volunteer opportunities at over 130 partners, as well as done-in-a-day projects.
We'll work with your schedule.
variesCleveland Heights, OH 44118
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training