AmeriCorps VISTA- Habitat for Humanity ReStore Development
2 people are interested
Habitat for Humanity ReStore is an open to the public retail outlet that sells donated new and gently used home furnishing and buildings materials. The proceeds from all items sold at ReStore go to funding Habitat's home build mission!
The AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service to America) program is a year term of service focused on building capacity.
The VISTA member will help solidify the ReStore’s ongoing success by focusing on the following:
- develop, implement and document a volunteer recruitment, training, and retention program for the ReStore. Improved methods of volunteer utilization and recognition will enhance our engagement with the community and its investment in the mission of our affiliate.
- develop, implement, and document sustainable marketing and outreach strategies that ultimately contribute towards an increase in unrestricted revenue from increased numbers of store purchases and donations. An increase in unrestricted revenue will in turn enable the affiliate to serve more families and communities.
- Research and implement best practices for standard ReStore operating policies and procedures.
Living stipend is provided!
To apply for the opportunity, follow this link, https://bit.ly/2HdSVay
For more information about the AmeriCorps program visit, the national service, website, www.nationalservice.gov
About Habitat for Humanity - MetroWest / Greater Worcester
11 Distributor ROad, Worcester, MA 01605, US
Habitat for Humanity -- MetroWest/ Greater Worcester is an independently-operated affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Founded as an affiliate in 1985, we are a non-profit, ecumenical, Christian housing ministry dedicated to making shelter a matter of conscience. Building relationships and community is as important to us as building homes. We welcome people of all faith affiliations and backgrounds to join together in partnership and lend a hand to those in need of simple, decent, safe, affordable housing.
At Habitat for Humanity--MetroWest/Greater Worcester (HFH-MW/GW), our motto is "A hand up, not a handout." We are dedicated to building houses with families, not for them. We partner with hardworking families who earn between 25% - 60% of the area median income and do not qualify for other homeownership programs. Not only do Habitat families pay for their homes through a monthly mortgage, they also put in between 400 and 500 hours of sweat equity prior to becoming homeowners.
The Habitat for Humanity-MetroWest/Greater Worcester also has a retail outlet, ReStore. ReStore is a retail outlet that sells quality, gently-used and surplus construction and home improvement materials as well as home furnishings for a fraction of regular retail prices. The ReStore offers great deals on building supplies, making your home improvements more affordable while providing much needed funding for the work of Habitat for Humanity-MetroWest/Greater Worcester.
640 Lincoln StreetWorcester, MA 01605
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Year long term of service