The Wenatchee Green Bag Program Neighborhood Coordinator
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Organize a small group of neighbors to be food donors in the Wenatchee Green Bag Program. Each donor gets a reusable Green (Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council) Bag to fill. Every two months you arrange to have the bags picked up, leave empty ones, and bring them all to the NCW Food Distribution Center where the food is then distributed to local food pantries.
What are a Neighborhood Coordinator’s Duties?
- Send out a few friendly reminders to your neighbors during the two months. Simply help them to remember to fill their bags and the pickup dates.
- Once you have checked in with your neighbors create a list of that month's pickup participating neighbors and plan a route which either you or another driver will use on the second Saturday of odd months.
How Much Time Will it Take?
Depending on how large your neighborhood is your duties, as a Neighborhood Coordinator should only take a few hours a month. (It may take a bit longer in the beginning as you learn the process and build your neighborhood.)
How Do You Build A Neighborhood?
Your neighborhood can be as small or as large as you like. It really depends on what you feel you can manage. When you first start out you may inherit a previously established neighborhood, or you can recruit all new neighbors.
- Ask direct neighbors, friends, and family to join the Green Bag Program.
- Eventually, canvass your whole neighborhood and ask your whole street or block to join!
- Tap into your various social networks (parenting groups, churches, sports clubs, etc.)
We'll work with your schedule.
620 Lewis StreetWenatchee ValleyWenatcheeWenatchee, WA 98801
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours second Saturdays of odd months
- 1-2 hours of neighborhood building every other month