Info Session- CASA of Monterey County (Carmel)
Start 2019 off on the right foot by becoming a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)for Monterey County foster children!
CASA of Monterey County is seeking strong-hearted volunteers to:
1. Advocate for a foster child both in court and in the community
2. Be one of the few stable adults in that child's life as they face the challenges of foster care
- 21 years of age, or over
- Commitment to a child a minimum of 18 months/ 12-16 hrs per month
- Be able to pass a thorough background check
CASA of Monterey County provides thorough volunteer training and staff support needed for you to succeed in this very special & rewarding form of giving back to your community!
Please note, the youth we work with do not go to your homes. As a volunteer you meet with them, get to know them as friends, and let the dependency court judge know how their lives are truly going under the guidance of CASA staff. CASA is not an adoption or placement agency.
Other ways to reach us or learn more about CASA of Monterey County:
Phone: show contact info ext 31
Sotheby's Intl. Realty- Conference Room3775 Via Nona MarieSuite 100Carmel, CA 93923
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 18 months/12-16 hrs per month